[microsound] Visual editing of audio-rate parameter files?

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Thu Nov 12 16:54:58 EST 2009

Hey, sorry to ask a tech question here, but it's pretty general in
nature:

I've recorded an audio-rate (AIFF) 8-channel datafile with synthesis
parameter data in it. That is, instead of data that ranges from -1.0
to 1.0, the data range is more like 0.0 to 50.0.

It'd be great to open this file in a conventional audio editor, but it
seems like most (or all) of them clip the data above 1.0. Some will
wrap it, which creates another type of weirdness.

Any thoughts? I poked around a bit with MSP, and it seems the
[buffer~] object only handles 4-channels. I haven't found an audio
editor that has this feature. Currently wondering whether there's a
more general tool for DSP use that might do the trick.

Thanks! Charles