[microsound] noisy hard drive on mac

ytbmusic at gmail.com ytbmusic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 21:43:49 EDT 2009

If you already have a backup system then the drive you are buying would be
only for an external bootable os option in case of disaster, and to hold all
of your samples/session files for your music.  you would not be running off
this drive for music only.  the idea is that the programs and the os are
being run off your internal hard drive while the sessions and audio are
being run from an external drive.  this way your internal drive doesnt have
to deal with running the software, os, as well as reading all the audio data
for your session.

as far as making your room quiet from hard drive noise, i notice that when i
do actually run my whole computer off an external drive that it is less
noisey than when im running off the internal drive.  however, i still have a
spereate drive from this one that holds my samples/session files.  hopefully
its all clear to you now.