[microsound] a mo' better audio-cast?

Michael North michael.north at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 19 19:54:51 EDT 2009

there's a cheap mac alternative from rogue amoeba called nicecast and
there is an apple product based on quicktime with the name of
broadcast or something, just did a quick search and couldn't find it
under that name but it's free but didn't look trivial to set up when
i looked at it
On 19-Jul-09, at 3:28 PM, A Stranger Paradise wrote:

> It doesn’t seem a Shoutcast problem. The amount of pc resources for
> running it is minimal on the CPU side, and I think the amount of
> memory needed for each listener is something like 14k.
>
> Normally that diagnosis refers to a bandwidth problem (for six
> listeners at the same time you need around 620kbps in continuum).
> If you are broadcasting from your home, it depends of your internet
> connection and ISP. Speed and stability. If you´re running a
> server, or an online service is doing that for you, the same applies.
>

> I’m hearing now the emission, and things seems pretty fine.
>

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:53 PM, { brad brace } <bbrace at eskimo.com>
> wrote:
>
> I've been using Shoutcast for years but have noticed a
> dramatic decrease in both the number of listeners (excluding
> all the bots and spiders), and dependability of service
> (connection errors).
>
> Is there a better (free/Mac) alternative?
>
> thanks for any suggestions...    /:b
>

> ---    bbs: brad brace sound                               ---
> ---    http://69.64.229.114:8000                           ---

Michael North
http://tiny.cc/D116v
http://tiny.cc/wIMHz
http://www.pertin-nce.com
michael.north at sympatico.ca
"Enough with politics! On with the practical tasks of everyday life!“