[microsound] degrees in sound art

John Hopkins jhopkins at tech-no-mad.net
Sat Jul 18 16:58:54 EDT 2009

Say, microsounders -- a semi-tech question -- I've been using an H4 Zoom
  to do my field recording over the last couple years, and as some of
you know, they have LAME wind socks.  I did buy some hairy material at
the local fabric shop to make a custom one like the one I found online
for USD 50, but haven't gotten around to it yet...

Does anyone have links or advice on filtering parameters for running,
say, a low-cut filter that is either general for any wind noises, or
specific filter parameters for the H4?  Or just a general discussion of
wind noise?

I've been editing bits out of my samples and saving to a master
wind-noiz audio file which I will use some day for something, but I'd
like to get more agile with eliminating problems from my files via DSP...

cheers & thanks!

JOhn