[microsound] Noise Removal Plug-ins

Bill Jarboe billjarboe at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 23:41:21 EST 2009

hello mike,

    -don't know if you're still there or looking (not that I'm
terming you 'noise' or something), Soundhack dynamics is very good ,
and I'm fairly sure Tom Erbe has a plugin available which is also
probably effective (I'm a big fan of his software, almost feel
unworthy to use his actual commercial applications , especially since
I haven't sent him a c.d. yet). He has the freesound mailing list,
and has been quite patient answering questions ; my questions being
like an airhead with a lamborghini saying: like , where's the
ignition? so, when I turn the steering wheel clockwise , it goes
right , counterclockwise it goes left , right?

    What's strange is that the freesound list seems mostly empty,
rather like our imaginary airhead trying to get a date , or maybe the
opposite extreme.

   Sorry if this seems slightly wacky, it's saturday night in seattle
and I'm trying to be boring in order to be safe.

   What really concerns me , and I'm not including you in this
criticism, since I've never even heard a 'peep' out of you; is the
over driven , clipped beats. I should really write a review in order
to be polite , yet that doesn't read like a review in my mind , more
of a condemnation, and I still like the music in question. What
troubles me is the 'The orcs are coming , man flesh tonight , pound
you to the bottom of the oil well , throw you out in the street ,
finish this skyscraper' relentlessly that I can very easily do without.

   Isn't here a plugin to remove all that? Alternatively I could
remove the beats myself as a business proposition. You could send
questionable tracks to my SoundCloud dropbox ( email me off list ;
don't wish to foist my cloud on anyone) in exchange for reimbursement
via paypal -no , they seemed to have deleted me : hope they didn't
have my idea already and think that I was a beat- maybe it's alright
now , visa , check, money order  or contraband - maybe not
contraband , use your discretion please

   I see it like this: the beats , thuds are representing the
structure that made the society , party possible. Instead of being
the pathetic loser at the party , why not remove the party so that
you , or the person who recorded the track- is  there a difference,
we're open -minded , socially oriented individuals right?- is all
that remains.

  My words are more effective than a cold shower- I'm sure.

                                                      Bill