[microsound] sound editing

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Thu Jan 29 21:20:35 EST 2009

> Amadeus Pro is "file-based," so applying plug-in effects is more like
> rendering. I'm familiar with DSP Quattro, where you can loop a
> waveform
> and fiddle with plug-in parameters in a "live" session.
this is true and one of the things I've bitched about on the AP forums
right now there is no clear/obvious way to loop a section of a file
which sucks for making loops
and there is no real-time audition of VST plugs
but usually when I need looping and processing I turn to Peak and Max/
MSP
but I also like Soundtrack Pro for simple multitrack work
and I'm going to check out Ardour on Linux as soon as I get the 32G
SSD in my netbook
also can't wait to check out Baudline