[microsound] sound editing

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Thu Jan 29 15:24:51 EST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:01:44 -0500, john saylor wrote:
> has
> anyone used audacity and one of these others and can say something
> about the comparison?

One thing that's realy nice about Audacity is the pencil tool: you can
draw waveforms.

Amadeus Pro is "file-based," so applying plug-in effects is more like
rendering. I'm familiar with DSP Quattro, where you can loop a waveform
and fiddle with plug-in parameters in a "live" session.

That said, I use Amadeus mostly because of its simplicity and the
"feel" of its interface.

HTH, Charles