[microsound] homebuilt sample player (was: why i'm not excited about Live)

CraqueMat craque at craque.net
Fri Jan 23 13:58:45 EST 2009

So here's what I ordered that I think will work:

The Arduino Duemilanove, of course:

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=50

And the "Wave Shield":

http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_21&products_id=94

The Wave Shield (DIY-buildable, btw, but I got a pre-built one, so
there's definitely some bending/hacking possibilities there) has an SD
card reader and will play 22KHz/16bit mono files - plenty of resolution
for noisy rhythmic looping.

I'll be adding an array of press-buttons or switches to control the
Arduino and which files get played.

-matt