[microsound] making/erasure

Thanos Chrysakis azimuths at freenet.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 14:32:39 EST 2009

the "Open Work" by Eco should be read -I guess- closely with cybernetics
and ideas concerning the systemic nature of  creation/perception,
and what we mean by control, and communication;
independently if an artwork has been structured in
an open way or not, the experiential aspect of confronting/encountering
an art work is always open. That's why significant aesthetic experiences
IMO can give us possibilities anew in the individual and the societal
aspect.
It can turn out easily though that the aesthetic has been turned
out into its opposite: anaesthetic

Thanos