[microsound] 'that's edutainment'

Paulo Raposo sirr at sirr-ecords.com
Tue Jan 20 22:01:04 EST 2009

really perplexing that a politics graduate claims politics as a poor
way to discuss sound/music.
and more intriguing that someone that is, we hope, interested in
politics, cannot find a way within it
to discuss and think about sound (activity).
Is sound and music separable from political realm and its ruling
paradigms?
what is an author (like Foucault asked)? where does he come from? what
is made of?
or  are we in such an oblivious condition that we tend to aestheticize
sound and music as the fascist attempted to aestheticize politics?
the great living philosopher Giorgio Agamben wrote:
“politics is the sphere neither of an end in itself nor of means
subordinated to an end; rather, it is the sphere of a pure mediality
without end intended as the field of human action and of human thought”

and speaking of Agamben, for those interested there's great stuff here
http://v2v.cc/v2v/The_Power_and_the_Glory
and a lot more easy to find in yotube on paradigm and contemporaneity.

paulo raposo
http://www.sirr-ecords.com