[microsound] microsound Digest, Vol 1, Issue 8

Marinos Koutsomichalis marinos at agxivatein.com
Tue Jan 20 14:28:06 EST 2009

I was wandering,

what about sound ??

The whole convertation regarding Live focuses on certain features and
capabilities of this DAW in comparison with others available. Ok, but
what about its sound??

Just try this: take a soundfile open in with logic, or with DP or
with .. and with Live and just play it back... Do you hear the same
thing ?? I don' t !

I was curious of what do you think about Live' s engine... Because I
don' t think that (at least up to version 7) it is as good as (let' s
see) Logic, DP, cubase, Nuedo, or Wavelab to name a few.... Let aside
version 6 ....... Well I have to admit that it is not that bad in
version 7 as in version 6, but when you just want to do some basic
collages or mixing or sth that can easily be done with any of the
aforementioned DAWs, why stick with Live since its sound-engine is
(at least to my ears) inferior ??