[microsound] microsound Digest, Vol 2, Issue 18

g d rupanama at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 13:21:47 EST 2009

Charles,

Craig Child's book of short stories, Soul of Nowhere, might fit the
description of "ambient writing." This book describes weeks-long backpacking
trips into the deserts of southwestern U.S.A. and northern Mexico. The book
always leaves me with a feeling of placement, or context, in that
environment---something of a backpacker's Music for Airports.

-Greg

Message: 5