[microsound] post-laptop era?

isjtar list at isjtar.org
Wed Dec 16 18:57:06 EST 2009

no time to go too much in depth now, but interesting experimental music
is here (personally brussels) not at all limited to academia, nor
electroacoustic music.
there's so many people putting their heart in making experimental music,
i thought that was what this list is about.
and to make this music performable, to have interesting concerts,
improvisation, composition, we need to make tools.
and for this we experiment with technology, not neglecting history of
course.
but the piano for electronic music doesn't exist yet and computers help
me express myself, a good interface helps and i need to code it.
as for art galleries, at our arts org it is much more often the case
that people with a musical background get into visual arts than the
other way around.

all this being said, the quality of most electronic music performances
is subpar, i agree.