[microsound] post-laptop era?

Mike picnet at urlme.net
Wed Dec 16 06:11:24 EST 2009

Experimental means the seats are full at the start and empty before
the performance is over.

*1 excluding the friends of the performers.

Microsound or the laptop instrument as with all music must invoke a
reaction, clapping in apprciation or adding to the performace the
sound of coats being put on followed by shuffles coughs bemused
muttering and doors opening. The audience replaced with silence.

Begs the question, was the performance for the audience or the artist?

Is the audience that claps at the end any different to those empty
seats ?

The artist performed the work in both cases.

Experimental for me means learning new techniques, building input and
output devices to implement the idea which often is a mistake or
chance find itself. The laptop or rather tools in it are part of a
processing chain driven by curiosity and a desire to match and exceed
the crap thats already out there.

-Mike
I build ideas, others play them.