[microsound] post-laptop era?

juan antonio nieto arroyo pangea_100 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 14:24:48 EST 2009

Indeed, in recent years, the use of laptops in
live acts has been criticized for its statism and lack of spectacle. I
must say that some of the best concerts I've attended have been interpreted by "static"
musicians, mainly pianists and laptop artists, those I could barely see their heads.

Nobody
questions to Francisco Lopez by blindfolding the audience to their shows,
unlike everyone seems "cool"

We
have taken years bucked the ethics and aesthetics of rock and pop music to
somehow try to retrace our steps. I
think that's a mistake. Personally, when I go to a concert, what interests me
is not likely to be catching the "show" but concepts so out of
fashion as the creativity and talent, and I don’t mind the instrument they
play.

The
fact about depreciate the laptop as a musical instrument, is nothing more than
a fad, and like all fads, passing.

Soon we will read
in microsound the decline of contact microphones and effects units ... so physical.