[microsound] Random Sample Player

Bill Jarboe billjarboe at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 29 02:07:13 EDT 2009

On Apr 27, 2009, at 10:10 PM, Ken Restivo wrote:

> Several years ago, I hacked together a very simple PD patch to do
> this.
>
> I used it on this cheesy little track (definitely *not* a
> microsound peice):
> http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/184/0/phoneme-
> dance-0.3.3.ogg

    I like this very much.

> Credits for the samples used here:
> http://www.restivo.org/blog/archives/dance-of-the-phonemes

    -don't like this so much... the woman's lips look a little frosty.

"Trying to learn SuperCollider, ChucK, CSound, etc… why bother when
all this stuff is so fucking easy in PD?"

"I’m getting a new perspective on composition by learning to build
them from small, discrete chunks of phrases, as is the way loopers
work."

  -because of the sound , possibly?

   Ok. I'll go away before I start acting like someone's dad...

    nice composition!

                    Bill