[microsound] Zoom H4 tech query -- anybody else?

Mike picnet at urlme.net
Mon Apr 6 02:01:40 EDT 2009

Hi
      The H2 is similar when used as a usb audio device. Perhaps try a
different memory card. The periodic noise could be related to the H4s
write/card interface. A phone or computer close to the recorder may
also cause interference. Confirm the interference isnt acoustic born
by recording with a different brand of recorder. Ive noticed with some
mics if the connection from the backplate to the FET has solder flux /
in general isnt clean the FET will produce broad spectral 'pops'. Do
you notice the low freq interference in all locations ?

-Mike