[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #476: 2014.07.20
. m u r m e r .
murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Jul 21 15:19:30 EDT 2014
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!
- sunday, 18:00 ::: tartu, ee ::: generaadio
- sunday, 23:00 ::: london, uk ::: resonance 104.4fm
- monday, 05:00 ::: amsterdam, nl ::: concertzender
- monday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- tuesday, 12:30 ::: south devon, uk ::: soundartradio 102.5fm
- wednesday, 15:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- wednesday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- thursday, 02:00 ::: coimbra, pt ::: rádio universidade de coimbra
- thursday, 19:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- thursday, 11:00 ::: maribor, si ::: radio marš 95.9fm
- friday, 00:00 ::: ljubljana, si ::: radio študent 89.3fm
- friday, 01:00 ::: brussels, be ::: radio campus 92.1fm
- friday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- saturday, 11:00 ::: new york state, us ::: wgxc 90.7fm
- saturday, 14:00 ::: brasilía, br ::: rádio paisagem
~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~
for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net
SUPPORT FRAMEWORK! your contributions make framework possible. please
consider signing up to become a regular monthly donor, or make a
one-time contribution. as a thank-you for your subscription of €5 or
more, or your one-time donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal release series! we can't do it
without you, and we greatly appreciate your support.
listen to this edition here:
this edition of framework:afield has been produced in northern ireland
and scotland by mark vernon. for more information see
http://www.meagreresource.com. notes from the artist:
"Using unconventional recording techniques and studio trickery certain
qualities within the Derry soundscape have been highlighted, exaggerated
or distorted into something unusual and unexpected – obscuring what was
once recognisable and enabling radio listeners to hear the city in a new
"Taking the everyday sounds of the city as a starting point, a series of
field recordings selected for their ambiguous qualities were played back
to Derry residents; the sounds became increasingly distorted as the
sequence progressed. The ambiguity was heightened through a variety of
unusual recording processes including extreme close-ups, electromagnetic
induction, ultrasound, binaural stereo, hydrophones and contact mics.
Additionally, digital processing techniques were used to further
‘denature’ these once familiar sounds. Participants were asked to
identify, describe and imitate each sound. The resulting 'sound
descriptions' were in turn used as briefs to create artificial or
exaggerated sounds matching the qualities described by subjects. In the
final work, the natural and unnatural sounds of Derry are intermingled
in a long form radiophonic sound composition that meanders through the
city accompanied by insights and analysis of the sound environment by
the people who inhabit it."
Featuring the voices: of Sarah Barr, Fiona Burke, Eamonn Brown, Amanda
Doherty, Charlene Smith and Marta.
Commissioned for the ‘Derry City of Culture 2013’ radio residency
broadcasts by Resonance FM and the Jerwood Foundation in association
with VOID gallery.
First broadcast on Resonance 104.4 FM, October 2013.
again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
framework intro submissions:
1) take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2) record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3) read aloud the following text (in english or translated):
welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition. field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!
4) continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
5) post the
recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
:: info at frameworkradio.net
:: telliskivi 3
:: 65605 võru
mailing list: http://eepurl.com/lQBOT
More information about the microsound-announce