[microsound-announce] News Gregory Buttner

gregory buettner gregorybuettner at gmx.de
Thu Jul 17 15:43:36 EDT 2014

Hallo!

Two new Releases are out !

‘Pochen - Oder: mit nachschleifendem Zwirnsfaden die Treppe hinunterkollern‘
(41:12 Min) Audio CD, 6 panels digipak, released by Herbal
http://herbalinternational.blogspot.de

I recorded the sounds for this piece in March 2011 at the "Performance Arts
Forum" in France. The PAF is housed in a former convent school, which was
built at the end of the 19th Century in the village of St. Erme in Picardy.
After the convent school and a hospital during World War I, various
temporary uses and a long term of vacancy, the PAF was founded in 2006 as a
workplace for artists.
During my three-week stay, I kept sneaking through the 6.400 m2 building:
>From the attic to the basement, from the small private chapel through the
various rooms and artists' studios. I examined the old monastery
acoustically, recorded sounds and improvised together "with the house". The
role of the house kept moving between sound generator, resonant space and
instrument. I recorded breathing wood planks or flickering light switches,
explored the different resonant cavities, made metal cabinets resonate or
prepared out-of-tune pianos. From the recorded material I worked out a
composition, which, organized in chapters, permeates the house acoustically
and connects found sounds, digital processing and experimental performance
techniques into a "throbbing".

All music by Gregory Büttner (2011-2012).
Another version of the piece was commissioned by WDR3 Studio Akustische
Kunst. Premiered July 2013.
Mastered by Giuseppe Ielasi.
Photos and cover design by Gregory Büttner, photo inside middle by Anja
Winterhalter.

More info: http://www.gregorybuettner.de/0400-T/pochen_cd.htm

Radical Demos #4
Gregory Büttner 'Kaktus'
Antez/Mathieu Calleja/Miguel A. García/Artur Vidal 'Malasaña',
Héctor Rey 'Myxini'
RD#4 3xCDR, split, edition 100 numbered copies, released by Obs*
http://abser1.narod.ru/index/obs_rd4/0-68 , 2014.

‘Kaktus' For this track I recorded the needles of a cactus played with my
fingers. After some digital processings I edited them into a composition in
5 parts. In parts 3 and 5 the cactus recordings are combined and modulated
with sinus-waves.

More info: http://www.gregorybuettner.de/0400-T/kaktus.htm

You can get the releases from the labels website or mailorders or here:
http://www.1000fussler.com/seiten/shop.html

You will find some audio examples of both cd’s here:
https://soundcloud.com/gregory-buttner

In the pipeline:

New full length CD “Araripepipra” with Birgit Ulher (trumpet) at Hideous
Replica.
http://www.hideousreplica.co.uk

„Wenn uns jemand hört - sag- wir haben einfach kurz Luft geschnappt“ a  solo
CD with two longer electroacoustic composition also at 1000füssler
http://www.1000fussler.com

Next Live Dates:

25. July 2014, 7.30 pm
Duo with Birgit Ulher and together with Ulrike Lentz, Reinhard
Hammerschmidt.
Ohrenkratzer , Hessisches Ziegeleimuseum, Niesterstr. 24, Oberkaufungen,
Kassel

3. September 2014, 9.30 pm
Duo with Birgit Ulher and together with Ulrike Lentz, Reinhard
Hammerschmidt.
Stark Bewölkt in der Hörbar, Brigittenstraße 5 (Hinterhof), Hamburg

7. November 2014, 8.30 pm
Duo with Birgit Ulher and together with Jack Wright, Gunnar Lettow
Frequenzgänge, Linker Laden, Kleiner Schäferkamp 46, Hamburg.

-
Best Wishes,
Gregory

http://www.youtube.com/user/1000fussler