[microsound-announce] Call for Works: UCSD Last Friday Listening Room

Tom Erbe tre at music.ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:55:23 EDT 2013

This upcoming year the UCSD Department of Music will be hosting a series of tape music concerts from noon to 1PM on the last Friday of each month. The Last Friday Listening Room concerts will take place in the Experimental Theatre at Conrad Prebys Music Center, UC San Diego. The Experimental Theatre is equipped with a 51-speaker Meyer Audio Constellation system, and can accommodate pieces in nearly any channel format.

We invite you to submit your fixed media work for inclusion in this series. There is a preference for multi-channel pieces, and pieces under 15 minutes in length (as our concerts will only be one hour), however longer pieces will be considered.

Please submit your piece here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DKgi7p7-AbMIR7D5QUWkE9D16BxtzoI3ysMXxgzHKX4/viewform

There is no fee for entry, but only two entries per composer will be auditioned. The submission deadline is August  31, 2013, and we will notify you if your piece is accepted. The first concert in the series will be September 27, 2013, and the last concert is on May 30, 2014.

Thank you,

Tom Erbe, Zachary Seldess, Elliot Patros

UC San Diego

✇ tom erbe ✇ computer music - studio director ✇ ucsd department of music
✂ 9500 gilman dr. 0099, la jolla, ca 92093
⚗ tre at ucsd.eduhttp://music.ucsd.edu/~trehttp://www.facebook.com/soundhack