[microsound-announce] Call for works - Listen to the weather

kate carr bigsnog at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 00:58:17 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm organising a web project for the Ear to the Earth festival in New York City in October (http://www.eartotheearth.org).
The theme of the festival is water, and the work I'm doing is a comparative sonic analysis of the weather patterns in New York and other cities.
Participants must gather weather data for the area they live in for a particular day such as:

rain/snow fall
humidity
dam levels
wind speed
max temperature
height of high tide
water temperature
pollution levels

Then convert these figures into frequencies, in whatever way you choose, for use in a sound piece. The only other requirement for the piece is that you include a sample from a song which contains the word 'water' in either its title or lyrics. Any other sounds are up to you.
Please get in touch if you are interested, and also send me some links to your work.
Regards,
Kate.
PS: The best email to get me on is kate.carr at gmail.com.