[microsound-announce] Spring Reverb

adam wimbush ascsoms at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 09:21:53 EST 2010

Hello microsounders

I’m embarking on a project to investigate ‘reverb’ as a stand alone sound source (after the initial sound as stopped). I was looking on ebay to purchase a new reverb effect unit to use specially for this project when I stumbled upon ‘Spring Reverbs’ and would very much like to learn more about this technique. I understand that this was a common way of creating reverb effects back in the day and have tried to find out how to make one, but info is sparse, hence this email.
Does anyone out there know how or where I could obtain details for making such a device.
Thanks in advance.
ascsoms