[microsound-announce] Reminder Soundtracks: May I ask you for a recollection? / call for memories.

Stijn Demeulenaere zztijn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:54:27 EST 2010

Dear Friends,

I'm still collecting memories of sound for my installation
Soundtracks. Some of you have allready sent a recollection in (thank
you), and others have let me know their letter is underway. But I
still need a lot more recollections, so I'm sending out the call for
memories of sound again. Please send one in, consider it a special
christmas card for me.  I'll be eternally grateful

The idea behind soundtracks is to build an archive of memories of
sound. Memories of sounds that were important to you, that struck you
or stayed with you. Soundtracks wants to research which kind of sounds
get remembered, and how they are remembered. Can we hear those sounds
again in our heads, or can we only remember the circumstances of the
situation; the outlines, the edges of the sound?

And that’s why I would like to ask you to take a moment and try to
find your recollection of a sound, a sound that was important to you.
And I would want to ask you to write down your memory, on paper. And
if you could send that memoy by post to this address:

Soundtracks
Hopstraat 40
1000 Brussels
Belgium

You can find some more info on Soundtracks on this URL:

http://versonatura.org/audio/stijn/stijnWsoundtracks.html

I thank you in advance,

Kind regards, merry christmas & a happy new year.

Stijn Demeulenaere

Ps: It’s important that the memories are WRITTEN BY HAND, so please,
no emails or typed letters.