[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #311: 2010.12.26

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Dec 27 14:36:57 EST 2010

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 10pm, london, ukon *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - tuesday, 2pm, london, ukon *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - wednesday, 12am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 7am, new york state, us on *wgxc 90.7fm*
(http://www.wgxc.org)
     - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on*soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible.  visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here:
http://www.murmerings.com/donate.html.  25% of all donations go to
*resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/ would not exist. (if you would
like to donate directly to *resonancefm* please visit their support page
here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)
*
**PLUS, IN CELEBRATION OF FRAMEWORK'S 250TH EDITION, DONATE €25 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE ONE OF THE FRAMEWORK250 2CD COMPILATIONS, OR **€40 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE BOTH**!

*

*#311: 2010.12.26
*
well, we've almost made it through to the end of another year - 2011
will be the 10th calendar year to see /*framework*/ broadcasts!  we are
currently snowed in on the east coast of the united states, thanks to
the Great Blizzard of 2010, but the region is buzzing with the sounds of
snowplows and snowblowers, and hopefully everything will be more or less
back to normal by the time our scheduled flight back home to estonia is
due to leave tomorrow evening.  cross your fingers for me.

the last activity on this u.s. trip was to make a guest appearance on
*susanna bolle*'s /*rare frequency*/ program, which broadcasts as part
of the /*no commercial potential*/ programming on boston's 90.3 *wzbc*
fm.  this station was my great inspiration, both in the realms of sound
art and radio art.  i listened to /*no commercial potential*/ growing up
here in boston, and it introduced my ears to many, many new sounds.  so
for me, having the opportunity to appear in that studio on that
frequency is a great honor.

the program is available in the archives, and can be listened to here:

http://zbconline.com/wzbc-2010-12-23-20-00.m3u
http://zbconline.com/wzbc-2010-12-23-21-00.m3u

my visit begins at about minute 38 of the first hour, and continues
through to the end of the 2nd.  if the m3u's don't work for you, you can
substitute mp3 as the file extension on those urls.

this edition, the last for the year, included almost entirely
unreleased, self-released, or free downloadable material.  all of
*federico de biase*'s works are available on his soundcloud page. *steve
peter*'s beautiful piece of radio art (we'll playing more from this
release in coming shows) is available from his bandcamp page. *david
papapostolou*'s release is available as a free download from *av/.o*,
the digital sister label of the uk's *authorised version*.  you may also
notice a familiar voice in *neil griffith*'s first piece.  perhaps is
was a bribe just to assure airplay, but neil used material from an
interview he conducted with me for canadian radio earlier this year as
partial source for the piece.  it was a surprise to me as well!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated /*framework:afield*/ series.  send proposals or
material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
polvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 03:43  /  dave phillips  /  framework introduction
http://www.tochnit-aleph.com/dp

02:54 - 06:54  /  federico de biase  /  memories of mr montgolfier  /
-  /  -
http://soundcloud.com/federicodebiase

04:23 - 10:21  /  steve peters  /  water /[extract 1]/  /  the very rich
hours  / /[self-release]/
http://steve-peters.blogspot.com, http://stevepeters.bandcamp.com

08:32 - 19:48  /  nicolas bernier  /  les chambres de l'atelier  /
usures.paysages  /  hrönir
http://www.nicolasbernier.com, http://www.hronir.de

10:04 - 20:55  /  david papapostolou  /  back to euzet  /  sivom de la
droude  /  av/.o
http://dpppstl.tumblr.com, http://www.a-version.co.uk

14:37 - 23:52  /  neil griffith  /  digital is the new organic  /  -  /  -
http://www.myspace.com/transmissionasylum

23:39 - 26:37  /  kim walker  /  a bellwater cricket  /  -  /  -
http://www.kimwalkerart.co.uk

24:44 - 30:56  /  steve peters  /  water /[extract 2]/  /  the very rich
hours  / /[self-release]/
http://steve-peters.blogspot.com, http://stevepeters.bandcamp.com

29:51 - 39:51  /  nicolas bernier  /  10 passages  /  usures.paysages
/  hrönir
http://www.nicolasbernier.com, http://www.hronir.de

31:54 - 36:20  /    federico de biase  /  epi corre  /  -  /  -
http://soundcloud.com/federicodebiase

34:20 - 45:00  /  david papapostolou  /  euzet  /  sivom de la droude
/  av/.o
http://dpppstl.tumblr.com, http://www.a-version.co.uk

39:46 - 41:48  /  neil griffith  /  outside to gm stairway  /  -  /  -
http://www.myspace.com/transmissionasylum

41:14 - 45:32  /  nicolas bernier  /  paysages articulés no. zéro  /
usures.paysages  /  hrönir
http://www.nicolasbernier.com, http://www.hronir.de

43:10 - 46:52  /  federico de biase  / prot strings [reworked]  /  -  /  -
http://soundcloud.com/federicodebiase

44:26 - 52:04  /  neil griffith  /  idle train  /  -  /  -
http://www.myspace.com/transmissionasylum

45:58 - 49:04  /  nicolas bernier  /  paysages articulés no. 4  /
usures.paysages  /  hrönir
http://www.nicolasbernier.com, http://www.hronir.de

48:38 - 55:29  /  steve peters  /  water /[extract 1]/  /  the very rich
hours  / /[self-release]/
http://steve-peters.blogspot.com, http://stevepeters.bandcamp.com

55:05 - 57:00  / federico de biase  / a mosca  /  -  /  -
http://soundcloud.com/federicodebiase

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!