[microsound-announce] Call for cyber samples

Suburban Voodoo ricky at suburbanvoodoo.com
Thu Jul 9 22:31:01 EDT 2009

I have written a track and I need some samples to use in the context of the piece.

The work is a glitchy, granular folktronic song called "Post Digital Future" about cyberculture

The work will be used as part of my media arts studies here at UTS in Sydney and as I am a poor student artist, I cant pay you but I will give you full credit and provide you with a copy of the track on completion. I know this is a big ask but I assure you all it's for a good cause, my art!!!

The idea is to ask different people based around the world within cyberspace to give  a short 1 to 6 word statement on cyberspace, the net, technology, the philosophy of applied technology, cyber observations or to just say hi from wherever you are. I will leave it up to you. I want to create the sense of  global cyber interaction.

Some examples might be,

"this is (you) Hi from (where ever you are)"

or

"Short drive by statement on aspects of cyberculture"

Anything that comes to mind, in English or your native tongue (please include a translation). Just keep the quotes short fast and intelligible, so I can fit as many in as I can and stack them. Audio from your webcam mic is fine (the less bad noise as opposed to good noise the better ). Upload to a location of your choice, a free server like Mediafire free/ rapidshare or email it to me as an attachment as an MP3. What ever you are comfortable with so I can retrieve it for remediation.

If you have any questions, concerns or would like to personally express you joy or aversion to my digital audio pursuits, please feel free to email me at ricky at suburbanvoodoo.com

My new website http://www.suburbanvoodoo.com

contains resources for media artists. I am always on the look out for any free, open source resources for media artists, specifically audio and visual applications. If you know of anything that should be there, please feel free to let me know.

http://www.suburbanvoodoo.com/links.html

Regards

Ricky J Pannowitz (AKA Dimentagon)