[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - special edition

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Tue Sep 9 10:46:19 EDT 2008

/*framework*/ broadcasts sundays on *resonance104.4fm* in london (uk) or
worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 10-11pm gmt

next edtion: *14.09.08*
~ time zone converter: http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition:
http://www.resonancefm.com/framework *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE
HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND
OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR:
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

oops, hello again folks, but i forgot i also intended to forward along
the following info.  i will be in lisbon later this month giving a
workshop, talk, and performance as part of the radialx radio art
festival, and would thereby like to extend this invitation and call to
works to you, dear framework contributors.  have a look through and see
if you might be willing to participate:

    this is a reminder to send field-recordings to Radialx special radio
    broadcast.
    new deadline: September 14,  2008
    RADIALX 08 INTERNATIONAL ART RADIO  - LiSBON
    - http://radialx.radiozero.pt

    RadiaLX is a radio art festival which will take place at very venues
    in and around Lisbon, Portugal,
    between 20th and 28th of September, gathering a set of international
    radio artists,
    producers and cultural agents.

    This event emerges from the necessity to expand the idea and debate
    around the radio as a creative
    alternative medium and where artists, producers and researchers are
    invited to debate, create
    new works, present their projects or (re) interpret them for the
    radio medium, encouraging creative and
    technical  experimentation among artists and colaboratve practioners
    working with radio
    tools and transmisssion.

    The festival comprises  a wide variety of performances, workshops,
    broadcasts, discussions, and lectures.
    The special Radio zero broadcast will include specific programs
    focused on field-recordings.

    You can also propose and submit a radio show for the Radialx08 (28
    or 57m)
    If you want to propose other formats, it doesnt make our life easier
    but! let us know.
    get in touch and we'll provide details.

    See you or hear you in Lisbon and everwhere in September !
    and please forward this email to whom you think might be interested.

    radialx 08 curators:
    Paulo Raposo & Ricardo Reis

    Festival Radialx 2008 ~ - Lisboa ~ Portugal
    http://radialx.radiozero.pt
    www.radiozero.pt <http://www.radiozero.pt>
    www.sirr-ecords.com <http://www.sirr-ecords.com>

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
354 rue de l'andelle
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and a recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.*

*framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the above address, or as an
mp3 via email

thanks!

--

|||  www.murmerings.com |||