[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 07.09.08

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Tue Sep 9 10:23:41 EDT 2008

/*framework*/ broadcasts sundays on *resonance104.4fm* in london (uk) or
worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 10-11pm gmt

next edtion: *14.09.08*
~ time zone converter: http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition:
http://www.resonancefm.com/framework *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE
HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND
OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR:
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

well folks, welcome back to brand new */framework/* broadcasting!  i'm
sure you've all been pining for these missives over the last four weeks,
but we hope you have also been enjoying the visits into our past as
we've been broadcasting some historical archive shows.  now we're back,
although 'back' is relative, since i'm actually still roaming, currently
in estonia, just returned here from latvia, where i've been giving
workshops and performances with *john grzinich* and *maksims
shentelevs*.  meanwhile i'm reacquainting myself with my playlists and
some great sounds; *mpld*'s modified slide projectors, *jeph jerman*'s
recordings of pre-performance performance spaces, and several tracks
from *yann novak* and *jamie drouin*'s collection of snow.  meanwhile,
there are some great new editions of framework:afield coming up, and one
or two from way back that never got podcasted.  and now's the time to
send in those intro recordings!  do it now!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
354 rue de l'andelle
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

*07.09.07*
*(this edition will be available online until 14.09.08)*

*(start - finish  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 03:25  /  maria balabas  /  framework intro
/[no web info]/

01:50 - 08:16  /  mpld  /  recollection  /  one more episode in between
recollection and amnesia  /  unframed
http://www.m-i-c-r-o.net/mpld, http://www.unframedrecordings.net

04:05 - 17:55  /  jeph jerman  /  /[excerpt]/  /  precedence  /  -
http://www.jerman.littleenjoyer.com

06:51 - 18:16  /  jamie drouin & lance olsen  /  snowfield 1  /
snowfield & remixes  /  infrequency
http://www.infrequency.org

13:26 - 20:14  /  mpld  /  stereoscopic phase adjustment  /  one more
episode in between recollection and amnesia  /  unframed
http://www.m-i-c-r-o.net/mpld, http://www.unframedrecordings.net

17:54 - 32:29  /  yann novak  /  snowstorm  /  snowfield &remixes  /
infrequency
http://www.infrequency.org

23:07 - 43:16  /  mpld  /  four flashbacks  /  one more episode in
between recollection and amnesia  /  unframed
http://www.m-i-c-r-o.net/mpld, http://www.unframedrecordings.net

25:18 - 52:01  /  jeph jerman  /  /[excerpt]/  /  precedence  /  -
http://www.jerman.littleenjoyer.com

32:05 - 37:51  /  jamie drouin & lance olsen  /  snowfield 3  /
snowfield & remixes  /  infrequency
http://www.infrequency.org

36:10 - 45:07  /  jamie drouin & lance olsen  /  snowfield 6  /
snowfield & remixes  /  infrequency
http://www.infrequency.org

38:40 - 50:03  /  jamie drouin  /  raking light across a frozen path  /
snowfield & remixes  /  infrequency
http://www.infrequency.org

46:28 - 59:30  /  tomas jirku  /  animal tracks in a field of snow  /
snowfield & remixes  /  infrequency
http://www.infrequency.org

47:36 - 54:04  /  mpld  /  afterthought: 061211  /  one more episode in
between recollection and amnesia  /  unframed
http://www.m-i-c-r-o.net/mpld, http://www.unframedrecordings.net

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and a recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.*

*framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the above address, or as an
mp3 via email

thanks!