[Microsound-announce] Stasisfield.com: Kalte's "The Lanthanide Series"

John Kannenberg john at stasisfield.com
Fri Oct 3 10:53:46 EDT 2008

+++

Stasisfield is back from a little summer vacation. Now we'd like you
to get metallic.

THE LANTHANIDE SERIES

an MP3 EP by
KALTE

Toronto's Kalte (a duo featuring long-established sound artists Deane
Hughes and Rik MacLean) make their recorded debut with this Periodic
Table-inspired EP. The harsh Canadian winter served as the backdrop
for the creation of these tracks, and while there may be a certain
oppressiveness to its roots, the resulting sounds progress from
darkness to light. The sonic spectrum on display here slowly builds
in complexity at first, with more and more elements layered over a
similar low-ringing drone. A slight stylistic shift takes the music
to a slightly higher pitch and a more gentle tone for the final two
tracks, with buzzes and drones intertwined in a mesmerizingly thick
blanket of static.

Available for download here:

http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/year06/sf-6010.html

Also includes artwork in a downloadable pdf booklet.

JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP

There's a Stasisfield Facebook group. It would be cool if you joined
it. Go here:

[ http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34305716160 ]

Or just search for "Stasisfield" in Facebook Groups.

NO, WE HAVEN'T ABANDONED MYSPACE YET

We're still on MySpace if you are:

[ http://www.myspace.com/stasisfield ]

COMING UP: