[Microsound-announce] ookoi @ PICNIC08 : The Right to be Slow

HarS' Sound Chronicles hars7 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:56:22 EDT 2008

SoundBlog :: October 02nd, 2008 [#277]
=======================================))))
THE RIGHT TO BE SLOW
=======================================))))

Last week, with the ookoi, we went to PICNIC, the annual Amsterdam new-media-mega fest, as embedded artists ... Ex-pressing our im-pressions of precisely how our future was created, we sat on a vibrating couch, were lifted sky-high by a pair of scissor lifts, met old friends, made new ones and were rewarded with free drinks. We discovered the latest in e-art and claimed our right to be slow by making a new number: 11:01.4 ...
About ambient computing, iPhones, RFID-tags, digital things, collaborative creativity, mechanical turks, the sheepmarket, and music as a metaphor for business ... "A la guerre, comme à la guerre ..."

** have a great day!
__ Harold Schellinx
 * Be an Angel !__ Guard the SoundBlog !__
==== http://angelsponsor.soundblog.net