[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 04.05.08

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Mon May 5 16:31:01 EDT 2008

/*framework*/ broadcasts sundays on *resonance104.4fm* in london (uk) or
worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 10-11pm gmt

next edtion: *04.05.08*
~ time zone converter: http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition:
http://www.resonancefm.com/framework *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE
HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND
OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP K EEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR:
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

after an intro recorded by regular contributor (look our for his latest
edition of */framework:afield/*, coming soon to a central heating system
near you) *adam wimbush*, we limited ourselves to only 3 shiny disks
this week, although this involved a few more than 3 artists, as one of
the shiny disks is a compilation.  /*heizung raum 318*/ is the product
of several years of meeting in room 318 (i have, in fact, been there
myself) at hamburg university, in order to listen to and discuss various
musics and sonic arts.  of course, when you fill a room with people who
like to listen, those people will invariably start to listen to the room
itself, and so room 318's faulty heating system was discovered, as well
as the fact that this system could actually be 'played', enticing
contrasting tones from the release valves or multiple radiators.  source
recordings were made and shared out, and this compilation is the
result.  we've featured work from each artist, as well as (the last
several minutes of this edition) the original source material.

we also heard a series of untreated field recordings by *eric cordier*,
including several that were made during visits to japanese volcanoes.
these recordings were interspliced with several sonic postcards from *my
fun* (*justin hardison*) from his release /*sonorine*/, based on the
first world war-era gramophone-style 'postcards' of the same name.

and for the record: we have gone back and forth over the years with
including artist contact addresses in these playlists, but due to their
increased visibility and reproduction on the net, we now think this is
to risky, from a spam-prevention point of view.  we will from now on
only be including website into for contributors, but if you would like
to get in contact directly with any artist featured on framework, get in
touch with us directly and we will do our best to put you in touch.

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
354 rue de l'andelle
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

*04.05.08*
*(this edition will be available online until 11.05.08)*

*(start - finish  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 04:51  /  adam wimbush  /  framework intro

03:28 - 13:47  /  asmus tietchens  /  keine wärme  /  heizung raum 318
/  1000füssler
http://www.tietchens.de, http://www.1000fussler.com

09:23 - 15:54  /  my fun  /  signal drift  /  sonorine  /  the land of
http://www.thelandof.org

13:35 - 19:24  /  eric cordier  /  osorezan: l'air dans l'eau  /
osorezen  /  herbal
http://www.geocities..com/herbalrecords

19:24 - 20:25  /  my fun  /  musik-postkarten  /  sonorine  /  the land of
http://www.thelandof.org

18:57 - 25:39  /  stefan funck  /  version paris-dakar  /  heizung raum
318  /  1000füssler
http://www.stefanfunck.de, http://www.1000fussler.com

22:01 - 31:41  /  eric cordier  /  osorezan: l'air et l'eau  /
osorezen  /  herbal
http://www.geocities..com/herbalrecords

26:14 - 40:42  /  gregory büttner  /  heiz  /  heizung raum 318  /
1000füssler
http://www.gregorybuettner.de, http://www.1000fussler.com

32:21 - 43:40  /  eric cordier  /  pas temps sec  /  osorezen  /  herbal
http://www.geocities..com/herbalrecords

36:45 - 40:07  /  my fun  /  phonopostal  /  sonorine  /  the land of
http://www.thelandof.org

40:07 - 41:19  /  my fun  /  a field in freilassing  /  sonorine  /  the
land of
http://www.thelandof.org

40:54 - 46:13  /  nikolai stephan  /  ziehung  /  heizung raum 318  /
1000füssler
http://www.1000fussler.com

45:45 - 48:12  /  eric cordier  /  dekishima  /  osorezen  /  herbal
http://www.geocities..com/herbalrecords

47:15 - 52:34  /  my fun  /  sonorine  /  sonorine  /  the land of
http://www.thelandof.org

50:51 - 55:24  /  eric cordier  /  l'air dans l'air  /  osorezen  /  herbal
http://www.geocities..com/herbalrecords

54:23 - 59:30  /  -  /  ausgangsmaterial  /  heizung raum 318  /
1000füssler
http://www.1000fussler.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and a recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.*

*framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the above address, or as an
mp3 via email

thanks!

--

|||  www.murmerings.com |||