[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 05.08 > news/event/new release update.

RICHARD CHARTIER chartier at 3particles.com
Mon May 5 15:30:41 EDT 2008

hello,

just back from lovely Vilnius, LIthuania where i had a very enjoyable
performance along with Frank Bretschneider ... saw lots of decaying
soviet modernism... which i love.

hope you are all well,

- -  NEW +RECENT RELEASES  - -
a limited number of these & other releases are available via the http://www.3particles.com
   online paypal SHOP:

CD .  "Fabrication"  collaboration with the legendary Asmus Tietchens.
(first 500 copies come with a bonus cd of material) [ Die Stadt,
Germany ].

EDITION CD . "Absence"   [ 3particles, US ]  special limited edition
of 50 signed and numbered cds on lettepressed insert, released in
conjunction with the opening of the show "Absence/Presence".

CD . William Basinski + Richard Chartier "untitled 1-3"  [ LINE, US ]
special reissue of the long out of print spekk cd now with 2 new
exclusive compositions.

CD . Further Materials [ LINE, USA ]   all compilation recordings from
2002-2005 (including collaborative works with Taylor Deupree)

also back in stock:  INCIDENCE (Raster-Noton) + RETRIEVAL 1-5 (ERS)
almost out of print: LEVELS(INVERTED) 2 copies remaining, TWO
LOCATIONS 4 copies remaining, OF SURFACES 2 remaining, AIRPORT
SYMPHONY 2 copies remaining

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

ITUNES + EMUSIC + OTHERS . from the 3particles archives OTHER
MATERIALS (2003) and DIRECT.INCIDENTAL.CONSEQUENTIAL edition 2
( 1998/2002) now available, also LINE back catalog including out of
print releases - LINE_031, 029, 028, 027, 025, 024, 023 - available
now! with links directly to them for your convenience.

10x7" BOX SET . Recovery [ Random Records, UK ] . limited edition of
500 numbered copies. Essay by Kamal Ackarie on the notion of covers
and tributes. Artists doing covers include: Ryoji Ikeda, Carsten
Nicolai, Christian Fennesz, Mika Vanio, Johaan Johaanson, Monolake, b
j nilsen, Susan Stenger, :zoviet*france, People Like Us & Ergo
Phizmiz, J.G.Thirlwell, Chris Carter + Cosey Fanni Tutti, snd, Momus
and Gremlin, Matmos , Nicebox (Richard Chartier & CoH),  Paradise
Island (Jenny Hoyston), Donna Summer/Jason Forrest, Robert Lippok,
Mouse on Mars.  CoH and I are covering "bleak is my favourite cliché"
by Soft Cell. my first foray into POP music... and I actually do vocals.

DVD. Colorfield Variations. with works by:  Frank Bretschneider, Alan
Callander, Chris Carter + Cosey Fanni Tutti (Chris&Cosey / Throbbing
Gristle), Sue Costabile, Evelina Domnitch + Dmitry Gelfand, Mark Fell
(SND/Blir) + Ernest Edmonds, Tina Frank + General Magic, Ryoichi
Kurokawa, Stephan Mathieu, Steve Roden, Sawako, and Bas Van Koolwijk.
curated by Richard Chartier. [ LINE, US ]  NTSC. Fall 2008.

CD . Recurrent  [ NVO, Austria ] Fall 2008

LIVE . [ Poland ] TBC  Fall 2008

LIVE . [ Tokyo, Japan ]  TBC  Fall 2008

DESIGN PUBLICATION . LINE packaging series 3: Best of Disk Art –
Innovation in CD, DVDor Vinyl Design & Packaging by Charlotte Rivers
[ Rotovision, UK ] 2008

DESIGN PUBLICATION . LINE packaging series 3: 1000 Supreme CDs [ Mao
Mao, Spain ] 2008

SCREENING/CURATORIAL: Colorfield Variations. Avmotional [ Bucharest,
Romania ]  TBC  2008

SCREENING/CURATORIAL: Colorfield Variations  [ San Francisco + Los
Angeles, US ]  location to be confirmed 2008. www.volumeprojects.org

CURATORIAL . I have been asked to curate a large scale sound/video
installation exhibit at the Art Gallery of the University of Maryland
[ USA ] date to be confirmed. 2009. tentatively titled "Data Waves /
Audio Lines" more information can be found under EXHBITS/CURATORIAL on
my website.

COLLABORATION . Asmus Tietchens and I have begun production on the
next collaborative recording together. Starting from a strange new
work that was very unusual for me (at parts sounding like an homage to
my friend CoH)... we shall see where this new direction leads us.

EXHIBIT . collaborative installation work with artist Linn Meyers.
2008. www.linnmeyers.com

COLLABORATION . with Taylor Deupree. a new work based on the sounds
derived from one of Harry Bertoia's sound sculptures.

R I C H A R D C H A R T I E R

http://www.3particles.com
chartier at 3particles.com