[Microsound-announce] Expo Brighton call for commission proposals and submissions now open!

Richard Whitelaw richard at sonicartsnetwork.org
Wed Jan 30 10:52:15 EST 2008

Sonic Arts Network and RadioReverb 97.2FM announce:

Expo Brighton Call for Work

Expo is the hub and playground of the experimental music and sound art scene
in the UK and beyond. Free and open, this unique platform mobilises a
national network of artists and engages with communities from all
backgrounds ­ placing sonic art and the people who make it in direct contact
with the public. Expo steps out from traditional venues and into spaces that
inspire artist and audience alike to reconsider their environments.

Annually relocating, Expo traverses the country and disperses into the
locality it arrives in, scattering events, happenings and sounds across the
towns and cities it visits, joining together place, people and art. In the
spirit of open culture and accessibility Expo has developed a unique social
community ethic amongst its many contributing artists and has encouraged
highly creative approaches to the staging of new work.

After the success of last year¹s Expo Plymouth the focus now shifts to Expo
Brighton for 4-6 July 2008. This weekend of performance, exhibition,
presentation, discussion and broadcast will highlight the broadest possible
range of approaches and thinking surrounding the sonic arts. We welcome and
encourage submissions of all kinds to add to our wide ranging programme.

As well as our regular annual call for submissions of all types of sound
based work festival partners Radio Reverb and Sonic Arts Network are
offering two commission awards for the creation of new work by UK based
artists.

The deadline for submissions is the 14 March. For full details on how to
submit, and commission proposal guidelines, please see:

www.sonicartsnetwork.org

So please, send us your stuff!