[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 19.09.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Wed Sep 19 03:21:00 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts sundays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 9-10pm gmt

next podcast:    26.09.07
next new edition: 30.09.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

***important announcement***  some changes in the air - first, the resumption of broadcasting has been pushed back one week; live programming is now set to resume on monday, the 24th of september.  meanwhile, framework has a new, we think more appropriate, home, on sunday evenings from 9 to 10pm.  so that means our first new edition since the studio move will take place on sunday the 30th of september, 9pm.  we will continue to update the repeat podcasts editions on our current wednesday schedule until our new sunday schedule begins on the 30th.  thanks for bearing with us, great new sounds and lots of afield editions coming up!

this week we repeated an edition of framework first aired on 02.21.02, featuring peter cusack, christian renou, mnortham, asmus tietchens, slavek kwi, frans de waard, thomas dimuzio, chris watson, jean-luc guionnet, and framework's first ever listener recorded introduction.  from the original playlist:

  "this week we started the show off with out first listener recorded framework introduction - i encourage you all to take take part in this.  if i get enough participation, each show will begin with a different recording.  each participant will be duly credited, with any pertinent contact information, on our playlist.  any more takers?"

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

19.09.07
(this edition will be available online until 26.09.07)

(artist  /  title  /  album  /  label)

xan phillips  /  framework intro: recorded outside a laundrette, listening to the back of a tumble dryer through a grill in the wall
www.xan.co.uk

peter cusack  /  raw field recording made walking through the azerbaijan village of kish, september 2002
www.kunstradio.at/BIOS/cusackbio.html

c. renou  /  flat #3  /  flat  /  bake
long-time french electro-acoustic artist has shed his brume moniker and released this beautiful collection of mysterious sound
http://www.elsieandjack.com/brume/

mnortham  /  recorded in the heart of february 15th's anti-war demonstration on piccadilly here in london
preg.org/~mnortham

asmus tietchens  /  seuchengebiete 2  /  hydrophonie 8  /  syrenia
shimmering treatments of water running through wastepipes, 1991 classic
www.tietchens.de

slavek kwi  /  raw recording of a mexican midsummer's evening, full of heat and activity
http://www.radiantslab.com/amt/about

frans de waard  /  -  /  trein  /  bake
raw recording of a return train voyage between amsterdam and arnhem - outward journey in one channel, return in the other.  somewhere on this cd both channels are at the same location!  do you know where it is, frans?
www.beequeen.nl, www.staalplaat.com

thomas dimuzio  /  unearth & lift and spear  /  sonicism  /  rrrecords
a long-time favorite of mine, this double cd comprises all kind of environments and sound sources, these two tracks opening with a deep urban collage of field recordings and culminating in a beautiful floating shimmer
www.thomasdimuzio.com, www.gench.com

chris watson  /  river mara at night & a passing view  /  stepping into the dark  /  touch
two tracks: evening atmosphere 'a wall of nocturnal sound,' and fishing bats hunting on the surface of a river
www.touch.demon.co.uk/Biographies/chriswatson.html

jean-luc guionnet  /  ivraie/baragnes  /  axene  /  groundfault
sourced from drones, water and wood sounds, this piece was originally recorded as the soundtrack for a film of the same title by Andre Almuro
www.kunstradio.at/BIOS/guionnetbio.html, www.groundfault.net

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!