[Microsound-announce] Fwd: PLUG 3 Headphone Festival 10.13-10.14

jorge bachmann justino at anihilo.com
Wed Oct 10 22:47:59 EDT 2007

Holas,

I just wanted to let you know about this...

Saturday , October 13 from 6:00 to 6:30pm I'll perform a new work in
process "pollen" by justino [ruidobello].

paz
J21

> The LAB is a non-profit arts organization.
>
> We respect your online privacy. Please skip to the bottom of this
> email for instructions on how to "opt-out" of future emails from
> The LAB.
>
> 2007
>

> The LAB presents:
>
> [:] PLUG3 [:]
> SAN FRANCISCO'S 3RD ANNUAL GLOBAL HEADPHONE FESTIVAL
>
> Saturday, October 13 - Sunday, October 14, 2007
> 1 PM - 1 AM
> $5 admission
> B.Y.O. HEADPHONES!
> Listeners at the event plug into headphone amps [approximately 60
> output jacks] provided throughout the venue or listen to the live
> stream featuring performances by:
>
> Saturday October 13: Oannes, Patrice Scanlon, Pistols Will Air,
> Raster Roobit, Slither Syndicate, The Beatle, Forms Of Things
> Unknown, Halcyon High, Deletist, Moisture, Justino, Blue Vitriol,
> Zentropia, Pagan/Presley, 100s of Dismembered Handbags, Janeda
> Pain, Conrad Lewbel, Ozmadawn, Soundtrack for a Movie About a Dream
> About Nothing, 12 Types, Beytah, Heartworm, PU22L3, and This Window.
>
> Sunday October 14: LX Rudis, Magnanimous, Transponderfish, Lance
> Grabmiller, Double Vision, Mnemoth, Tullan Velte, Headboggle, Matt
> Davignon, Anthony Marin, Quiet Time, Cypod, My Helical Elk,
> Catsynth, Sakana, Nommo Ogo, Respectable Citizen, Les Trois
> Feuilles, Gather the Bones, Filthmilk, Horaflora, LNA, Telepathik
> Friend, and Weldschmertz.
>

> [:] PLUG3 [:] will transmit 48 live performances for 2 days in
> participation with the Tenth Annual International Headphone
> Festival - LE PLACARD X - a nonstop streaming interaural experiment
> that migrates from city to city broadcasting headphone concerts in
> listening rooms around the world. The festival experiments with
> exploring new medias, sonic perception, levels of concentration,
> isolation as inspiration, and spontaneous modification within a
> global community of eclectic culture- jammers, curious engineers,
> instigators and self-sufficient sound artists. Initiated in 1998 by
> Parisian musician Erik Minkkinen, who broadcast a performance from
> the closet in his apartment to listeners in Japan, LE PLACARD is a
> nomadic "festival within a festival" that functions under a
> modality of open programming; artists performing self-organize this
> global program.
>

> Funders
> The LAB, a project of the•art•re•grüp, inc., is supported in part
> by The Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation; William and Flora
> Hewlett Foundation; Potrero Nuevo Fund; Puffin Foundation Ltd.;
> Rainbow Grocery Cooperative; San Francisco Publicity and
> Advertising Fund's Hotel Tax/Grants for the Arts program; The San
> Francisco Arts Commission's Cultural Equity Grants Program; van
> Loben Sels/RembeRock Foundation; Zellerbach Family Fund; and
> members of The LAB. The ideas expressed in this site are not
> necessarily those of our funders.

> [...]

justino
aka jorge bachmann 				sculpture-photography-sound
P.O.Box: 15953
San Francisco, CA 94115 			http://anihilo.com
M: (415)706-9629 				http://ruidobello.ch