[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 16.05.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Wed May 16 01:45:31 EDT 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm gmt

next broadcast:    23.05.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCEFM WILL SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY UNLESS WE CAN RAISE £60,000 BY THE END OF AUGUST.  IF YOU VALUE OUR PROGRAMMING, PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  NOW IS THE TIME.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

this edition of framework:afield was produced in budapest, hungary by henrik hargetai.  henrik says:
  'This is a voyage through three ancient civilizations: first we go the the most ancient one, the heart of Egypt. We visit Cairo and then leave for Luxor, over the bands of the Nile. From Egypt we go to another islamic country, another former empire, Turkey. We first visit the calm city of Eskisehir, in the middle of Anatolia, and then we go to Istanbul, the city of Mosques. From here only a jump is Greece, the center of another religion. We climb to the Acropole to listen to the sounds of Athens at 6PM, when bells  can be heard instead of the muezzin of the islamic world. We are now back to our familiar Europe.'
for more information on henrik's many projects, see:

http://emc.elte.hu/~hargitai/
http://planetologia.elte.hu/
http://geogr.elte.hu/tef/
http://emc.elte.hu/
http://eper.elte.hu/
http://planet-veab.elte.hu/
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://puskas.matav.hu
http://www.demonium.hu/

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of our guest-curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
bp17
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

16.05.07
(this edition will be available online until 23.05.07)

(numbers indicate approximate time in minutes)

2:- Departure from Budapest by MALEV aircraft to Cairo
3:- Egyptian people welcoming us (me and my wife)
4:- Visiting Giza Piramids by bus
5: - Busy town: Cairo soundscape from pedestrian street to city highway at evening muezzin pray time
7: - leaving to Luxor by train (Loudspeaker in Luxor train station)
8: - Loudspeaker in Luxor (Adverstisment?)
9: - Luxor, evening: music from tape as heard on the street
11: - Luxor,live music festivity on the streat
13: - Afternoon: calm street with muezzin
20: - Leaving Luxor by hitch-hiking
22: Next stop: Turkey, Eskisehir. American military plains over the city outskirts, afternoon, with muezzin from afar.
28: Istanbul. Muezzin. My commentary: 2005. dec. 18, 16:50.
31: The legendary mosque Sultanahmet.
40: Soundscape over Istanbul, at 18 oclock muezzin pray time.
48: Next stop: Athens. Street with restaurant music and the rattling sound of boys selling magnetic games.
55: The Acropole. The only place where the local guarders did not allow me recording. The final moments are the sounds of bells over Athens, at 6 PM.

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!