[Microsound-announce] vague terrain mar. 25 w/ 11t1, i am robot and proud & sourfly

Neil Wiernik neil at phoniq.net
Fri Mar 10 13:57:46 EST 2006

saturday march 25th - vague terrain presents...

11t1 - srl / famefame / http://www.eleventyone.net
I am robot and proud - darla / duotone / http://www.robotandproud.com
sourfly - alieninflux
dj / ether.mann - vague terrain
vj / nokami / http://www.nokami.com

artist info at http://www.vagueterrain.net/content/events.html

art bar / the gladstone hotel
$5 / 9pm - 2am
1214 queen st. west
toronto, canada

This month we will be showcasing a trio of producers working within the
always-ambiguous territories of IDM. This event will be the official
launch Toronto based 11t1's debut album "tracks" to be released on the
Suburb record label (out of London) this spring. 11t1, will be
playing a variety of "pop-influenced, jazz-tinged, hip-hop
misappropriated, quasi-generative" material from this new album at our
event. Our second guest is I am Robot and Proud who will be premiering
some of his signature electronic pop from his forthcoming album "The
Electricity in your House wants to Sing" due out later this month on
Darla records. Last but not least is a (fairly rare) set by bleep n' bass
studio shut-in Sourfly. Rounding out the night will be a VJ
performance by Nokami and an opening DJ set by vague terrain resident
ether.mann.

Hope to see you out on the 25th...!

Greg Smith & Neil Wiernik

http://www.vagueterrain.net