[Microsound-announce] RICHARD CHARTIER > 12.05 > news/event/release update...

richard chartier / LINE chartier at 3particles.com
Tue Dec 6 14:01:02 EST 2005

hello everyone,
as the end of 2005 draws near, i want to say a special thank you to the
curators and events i worked with this year, supporters of my work and
of LINE, and of course most importantly my friends scattered all around
the landscape (even though i don't get to see you as much as i'd like).

LINE will be releasing some exciting projects including: Asmus
Tietchens, Alva Noto, Steinbrüchel, the Camera Lucida compilation +
DVD, and a full length collaboration between Taylor Deupree and myself
(the first since 1999's SPEC. on 12k)

i will be in berlin for new years for the exciting Throbbing Gristle
performances and exhibit ( http://www.throbbing-gristle.com ).
if you will be in berlin... hope to see some of you in berlin :)

i hope you all have safe and happy holidays and most of all a happy new
year!!

cheers,
richard

- -  RECENT RELEASES  - -

OUT NOW! 2CD .  re'post'postfabricated  [ DSP Recordings, Italy ] This
2CD project is the reformed/remastered Post-Fabricated CD (originally
issued on CDR on Dutch label Microwave in 1999 as an edition of 222).
The second CD is remixes/reworkings from the original files by Frank
Bretschneider, COH, Taylor Deupree, Freiband, Goem, Alva Noto, Byetone,
Sogar, Asmus Tietchens, Vend, Matmos, Steve Roden, and myself.

OUT NOW!  CD .  CHESSMACHINE Live in Los Angeles  [ LINE, US ] the
collaborative performance project CHESSMACHINE by Richard Chartier (US)
and Ivan Pavlov (aka COH) (RUS). This live recording of Chessmachine
took place on February 25, 2005 at REDCAT in Los Angeles. The
performance was presented by the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art
(MOCA) as part of Visual Music: SEE HEAR NOW!, an experimental music
series investigating the synaesthetic resonance between contemporary
music and visual art, in conjunction with their exhibit Visual Music.
http://www.12k.com

OUT NOW! CD . Retrieval 1-5  [ ERS, The Netherlands ]. This will be two
works that were created at my artist residency at the Music Research
Centre @ York University, UK. based on soundfiles and loops of mine
from 1990-1993.  the CD will include an extended reworking of
"Retrieval 3" + 2 additional retrieval pieces.

OUT NOW!  LIMITED EDITION .  Opening Cocyxx  (by Evelyn Domnitch &
Dmitry Gelfand, sound by Richard Chartier) limited edition
chemi-luminescent artist box and 5.1 audio DVD. EDITION OF 10. created
for die Schachtel  [ Milan, Italy ] for the exhibit of the same name.
available by special order in November. http://www.die-schachtel.com

OUT NOW! LIMITED EDITION PRINT .  S is for ...  limited signed and
numbered edition of 10. created for the traveling photography exhibit
Early Fabricated in Australia. available by special order. 11"x20"
archival ink jet prints on archival uncoated paper.
http://www.3particles.com/print/sisfor.html

OUT NOW!  BOOK . "On the surface of silence: reticence in the music of
Richard Chartier" by Will Montgomery in BLOCKS OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE
UNBROKEN CONTINUUM. a really great indepth study of my work. Publisher:
Sound 323. Editors: Brian Marley+Mark Wastell. http://www.sound323.com

a limited number of some of these & other releases are available via
the ONLINE STORE http://www.3particles.com/paypal

- - CURRENT EVENTS + FUTURE RELEASES, EVENTS, ETC - -

 > AWARD . 12k/LINE is proud to announce that 2 LINE releases and 1 12k
related release have been nominated in two different categories for the
Qwartz Electronic Music Awards [ France ].  Winners will be decided by
YOU, the public. To view the nominees in various categories and vote
please visit:  http://www.qwartz.org/vote_en
  Best Artwork and Packaging:  - Asmus Tietchens "E-Menge". Richard
Chartier/Asmus Tietchens (art direction) [LINE, US] CD
  Qwartz Research Award  - Mark Fell "Ten Types of Elsewhere" [ LINE,
US] CD +  - Taylor Deupree and Christopher Willits "Deupree + Willits"
[ Audiosphere ] CD

 > CD . "(sketch for) deletion" on Archiv2  compilation [ Raster-Noton.
Germany ] December 2005. artists include: Alva.Noto, Byetone, Komet and
others.  http://www.raster-noton.de

December 2005  http://www.nonvisualobjects.com

http://www.raster-noton.com

Garrelfs) [ London, UK ] Jan 12, 2006  http://www.sprawl.org.uk

 > LIVE .   THE SAGE HALL2 (with Taylor Deupree + Pan Sonic) [
Newcastle, UK ] Jan 13, 2006

 > LIVE .   (with Taylor Deupree + Blir) [ Sheffield, UK ] Jan 13, 2006
event/venue to be confirmed

 > LIVE .   Mexico DF (date/venue to be confirmed) March 2006

 > LIVE .   Specification.Fifteen LIVE PREMIERE @ Hirshhorn Museum and
Sculpture Garden. A new live collaborative work with Taylor Deupree
commissioned by the Hirshhorn for the occasion of the Hiroshi Sugimoto
retrospective exhibit.  March 30, 2006

 > CD . Placode [ n160, Japan ] This elaborately aluminum packaged cd
compilation curated by Nibo [ LINE/Raster-Noton] will contain the piece
"retrieval#3(for placodes). artists on this compilation: Carsten
Nicolai, Christophe Charles, Frank Bretschneider, Nibo, Byetone,
Richard Chartier, Sachiko.M, Sogar, Steve Roden, Taylor Deupree, and
Otomo Yoshihide. http://www.n160.com. (delayed again) 2006