[microsound-announce] Modulisme sonically wishing you the very best for the new decade…

philippe philippe-petit at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 23 17:22:04 EST 2020

https://modulisme.info/session/14

Hello
Happy to share a new session in Modulisme, welcoming Jono Podmore who has been a musician for over 40 years!
Started in bands and orchestras as a kid before moving to London to study Electronic Music. Then from playing in bands ended up gravitating to production, engineering, programming and string arrangements in the 80’s/90’s and then started releasing his own material under the name Kumo. In ’97 he went to live in France to work with Irmin Schmidt on film scores, his opera Gormenghast, the Can archive and new material.
Currently a professor of the Practice of Popular Music at the Musikhochschule in Koln where he runs the MA Production course when he is not moving back to London to perform with his Metamono : a purely analogue, modular, electronic band…

While we are in U.K. territories our teaming up with Freq mag has been fruitful and they have already featured Todd Barton, Doug Lynner, Scanner & I… Upcoming is a "San-Franciscan invasion » from Thomas Dimuzio, Gino Robair & Tom Djll…
YUMMY !

https://freq.org.uk/?s=modulisme

Last but not least I have been invited by SYN radio to contribute a playlist/feature on Modulisme:

http://synradio.fr/philippe-petit-special-modulisme/

Started tonight at 8PM and to be aired everyday at the same hour until FEB the 5th… I have assembled a "Best of" filled with almost 4 hours of extracts from our sessions & unreleased from :

01. Philippe Petit
02. Todd Barton
03. Thomas Dimuzio
04. Kevin Rix
05. Doug Lynner
06. Scanner (Robin Rimbaud)
07. Cesario Fa
08. Gino Robair
09. Alexei Borisov
10. Jos Smolders
11. Ophir Ilzetzki
12. Bana Haffar
13. Richard Scott
14. Eazy Teeth
15. Kumo (Jono Podmore)

Sonically wishing you the very best for the new decade…