[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #550! 2016.05.01
. m u r m e r .
murmer at murmerings.com
Mon May 2 05:58:01 EDT 2016
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!
- daily, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- sunday, 12:00 ::: helsinki, fi ::: korppiradio
- sunday, 23:00 ::: london, uk ::: resonance 104.4fm
- monday, 05:00 ::: amsterdam, nl ::: concertzender
- monday, 21:00 ::: tartu, ee ::: generaadio
- tuesday, 04:00 ::: hudson valley, us ::: wave farm radio & wgxc
- tuesday, 12:00 ::: south devon, uk ::: soundartradio 102.5fm
- tuesday, 18:00 ::: tartu, ee ::: generaadio
- wednesday, 05:00 ::: london, uk ::: resonance 104.4fm
- wednesday, 16:00 ::: brighton, uk ::: resonance extra
- wednesday, 21:00 ::: helsinki, fi ::: korppiradio
- thursday, 18:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- thursday, 23:00 ::: ulm, de ::: radio free 102.6fm
- friday, 02:00 ::: brussels, be ::: radio campus 92.1fm
- friday, 22:00 ::: porto, pt ::: radio manobras
- saturday, 08:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- saturday, 14:00 ::: tartu, ee ::: generaadio
- saturday, 19:00 ::: hudson valley, us ::: wave farm radio & wgxc
~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~
for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net
SUPPORT FRAMEWORK! your contributions make framework possible. please
consider signing up to become a regular monthly donor, or make a
one-time contribution. as a thank-you for your subscription of €5 or
more, or your one-time donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal release series! we can't do it
without you, and we greatly appreciate your support.
listen to this edition here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/2016/05/
this edition of framework:afield is the first of a multi-part series
produced in ireland by slavek kwi, aka artificial memory trace, entitled
'soundlife'. for more information see
http://www.artificialmemorytrace.com. notes from slavek:
ARTIFICIAL MEMORY TRACE
SOUNDLIFE CHAPTER 1:
PROPAGANDA, FRAGMENTATION AND CONFUSION (IN MANY LAYERS)
Chapter One from Soundlife of Slavek Kwi.
Since I became a father, my immediate sound environment and its
perception changed rather dramatically. Also relation to the time,
before perceived as basically amorphous entity – nowadays became a
moment with very definite boundaries. My week is composed from Sounday
(if lucky Sounday with “s” on the end) and the other Days (always with
“s”). My Soundays are increasingly more and more dense. In every sense.
Sometimes I am so exhausted that I am sleeping first half of my Sounday
hoping the second half-day will be dedicated to Sounds, which means:
exclusively to my Sounds and in association with cherished
collaborations with my fellow Soundpeople.
I decided to experiment with Soundorganisms destined for Frameworkradio.
These - at the moment rather clumsy - Soundsketches contains (and will
contain) various episodes inspired by my ordinary and extraordinary
Soundenvironments, which includes also creative-process-fragments from
my Soundactivities and spoken thoughts.
The first one is here Now, more to follow.
You can hear various domestic Soundsituations recorded with my little
boys, James Kwi and Jonah Kwi. Ringing of ever-annoying and ever-ignored
phone. Extracts from texts and thoughts written by Molly Harrison and
read either by myself or Helen Blackhurst. Not-so-quiet limpet-shell and
mini-stone micro-improvisation, object given to me kindly by Tony
Whitehead as part of our slow dialogue. Recently we finished
long-ago-started collaboration based on exchange of physical Soundobject
(btw the same one as in collaboration with Darius Ciuta: Airbell) with
Australian sound-alchemist Eamon Sprod alias Tarab, I listened and
recorded the outcome while driving by car to Dublin – while howling
sirens passing around. Recently I generated a piece based on Sounds of
Swallows for lovely project “loudl-oudl-ow” of Charlotte Hoechsmann,
coming soon. There is also an extract from my Soundworkshop with
children on Autistic Spectrum (Outreach of The National Concert Hall in
Dublin); young boy Ryan is playing on giant xylometalophon, while I am
squeaking on rusty coffee grinder. And, I was thinking a lot of about
Frederic Nogray, while making this piece … and also about Espaces
Sonores, but from entirely different reasons … and other stuff …
Thank you, Patrick McGinley, for accommodating my Soundaytoday.
For all my friends, unfriends and not friends yet.
again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
framework intro submissions:
1) take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2) record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3) read aloud the following text (in english or translated):
welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition. field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!
4) continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
5) post the recording to us on any format, or send us an
:: info at frameworkradio.net
:: telliskivi 3
:: 65605 võru
mailing list: http://eepurl.com/lQBOT
More information about the microsound-announce