[microsound-announce] IL SUONO IN MOSTRA - CALL FOR WORKS

Spazioersetti - Continuo associazione culturale galleria at spazioersetti.it
Wed Feb 3 05:16:35 EST 2016

Dear microsounders,
we hope this might be of some interest here.
Apologies for x-posting

IL SUONO IN MOSTRA - CALL FOR WORKS

Continuo associazione culturale is curating a sound art festival happening next June 3rd-12th.

The event is conceived as a series of audible installations to exhibit in public spaces in Udine. A selection of international sound works will be accessible to the public during a 10 day festival.

We are accepting proposals for two sound installations to be exhibited in two central, public halls:

1: the Castle
2: the Ethnographic Museum

Both places are quite reverberated so take this element into consideration.

We are looking for audio only. No visuals, no sound sculptures, no live performances, no interactive setups.
Also note that we will highly prefer sound installations over fixed acousmatic music in the academic sense.
Works can be mono or multichannel and must be playable via CD/DVD/BD player or by custom built hardware or by software (Max / PD / SC / generic audio sequencers / other applications).
Headphone set is also an option.

Proposals should include:

- a detailed description of your sound installation and the instructions on how to set it up
- technical requirements
- a stereo mixdown of the work (minimum 10 minutes excerpt in case of generative/algorithmic compositions)
- An artist statement, bio or CV

Please send your material to:
Continuo associazione culturale
V.le Volontari della Libertà 43
33100 Udine
galleria at spazioersetti.it
or use a file sharing service like wetransfer.com

DEADLINE
March 21st

FEE
Each artist will receive a net fee of € 250.
We can send you an official invitation letter if this helps you to get support for travel costs but per diem is not included.
In case you cannot attend at the event we will set up the installation following your guidelines.

IL SUONO IN MOSTRA - rassegna di arte sonora 2015/2016 is curated by Continuo associazione culturale with the support of Regione Autonoma Friuli Venezia Giulia, Provincia di Udine, Comune di Udine.
Partners of the event are Production Network for Electronic Arts, Norway (PNEK), Associazione Topolò-Topoluove, Universitätskulturzentrum UNIKUM, Klagenfurt, Ente Regionale Teatrale del Friuli Venezia Giulia and Hanna’s atelier for sonorous arts, Ljubljana.

For more information email: galleria at spazioersetti.it

All the best to you all

Antonio Della Marina
Alessandra Zucchi