[microsound-announce] and/OAR Diffusion Shop sale and CD re-issue plans

and/OAR dkl37 at and-oar.org
Tue Sep 16 22:36:37 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

(my apologies if you receive this more than once)
To get a head start on an upcoming fundraising campaign to (finally)
start re-issuing
early and/OAR CDR releases on CD, I have marked down most of the items
in the
Diffusion Shop. Please note that customers outside of the USA can
contact me
and ask about getting a price reduction on their postage (if they order
more than
$30 worth of items). If you have a PayPal account, then we can bypass
the shop
and conduct the transaction directly. Otherwise, as has been the case since
2001, shipping in the USA is free with a purchase.

Some items will only be marked down until September 20th and the rest
will be
marked down until the end of September. Most non-and/OAR items in the shop
are down to only 1 or 2 copies; so get them while you can at these
prices, because
once they're gone, they're gone. Over the past few years, I've been
focusing less
and less on distributing other label releases, due in large part to
working with a
drastically reduced budget than in previous years. In fact, no releases
were issued
in 2013 due to a major lack of sales or other financial support. This
was the first
time in the label's 13 year history that this occurred, and hopefully
the only time!

  So, if you know people who might enjoy the releases and the prices,
please tell them
about the sale and point them to the shop. I would greatly appreciate it.
www.and-oar.org/store <http://www.and-oar.org/store>

------------------------------

Next, I want to talk more about the planned CD re-issues.
As mentioned, I've been busy planning the next "crowdfunding" campaign
to cover
the costs of finally re-issuing a number of older out-of-print CDR
releases on CD.
I don't intend to re-issue all of the CDR releases, but I will start
with the most
requested titles first, and work my way backward from there. Due to
lower demand
than in the past, most of the a/O CD re-issues will be very limited in
number in
order to preserve the works on a longer lasting physical format for the
sake of
posterity and for collectors (such as myself!). One copy of each
re-issue will also
be sent to the British Library Sound Archive (who already has a number
of a/O
field recording releases in their collection).

Among the re-issues pondered are the Phonography.org field recording
compilations.
This project will require its own fundraising campaign, plus support
from those whose
tracks are featured on the releases. However, instead of a
straight-ahead re-issue,
the idea would be to release a revised boxed CD set containing most of
the tracks,
and maybe some new ones along with liner notes. Any tracks that have
since been
released elsewhere will not be included in the set. Also, if I cannot
contact certain
people, their tracks might end up being replaced as well. As with the
other re-issues,
  these editions will be very limited. Since it is now possible to have
smaller numbers
of glass-mastered replicated CDs made, the need for using CDRs to
publish work
has drastically been reduced. More discussion about this project can be
done on
the Phonography forum.

Thanks very much for your time and support!
Dale

and/OAR
www.and-oar.org <http://www.and-oar.org>