[microsound-announce] TOWA - RELEASE

Julie Rousse julie.la.rousse at free.fr
Mon Jun 16 14:15:33 EDT 2014

I am proud to announce the release of our tape:

     THUNDERSTORMS INSTEAD OF SUNSHINE
                                     by TOWA

This is the first recording of a duo meant to be.
Marta Zapparoli & Julie Rousse have met for the first time in 2008, on stage
in the festival Sonification in Zagreb, in an improvisation ensemble
configuration.

Their sonic investigations have much to share : an unconditional love for
fieldrecordings, improvisation and distortion. Their organized chaos brings
out sincere emotions, oscillating between rhythms and abstraction.

While Marta Zapparoli works with DIY machines and prepared tapes,
microphones and analogic self-made devices, Julie Rousse plays with a
real-time modular platform on a laptop. But they both use some of the
hundreds of fieldrecordings they have collected through the years and
travels as a base to their creation.

With Thunderstorms instead of Sunshines they deliver a pure and raw Noise
without compromise, lively and in perpetual movement, always playing along
the world's sounds with poetic gestures in unexpected places, even in the
most violent episodes of this abstract journey.

credits
Released the 27th of May 2014
Marta Zapparoli : prepared tapes, DIY analog devices
Julie Rousse : Real-time modular platform on lap-top

AVAILABLE FOR SALE
http://julierousse.bandcamp.com/album/thunderstorms-instead-of-sunshine

MORE ABOUT MARTA ZAPPAROLI
http://martazapparoli.blogspot.com/