[microsound-announce] Vitalweekly has 14CIRCLES - BODY IN WHITE

Evgeniy Vaschenko v4w.enko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:51:19 EDT 2014

  Frans de Waard: put his opinion near recent CDr release of FF`Space:

"Copied on a 5"CDR, but lasting twenty minutes and coming to us in a great
package (plastic sheets stuck together with fine printed cardboard and fine
design, is the music by 14Circles. Anton Holota is behind 14Circles, and
his from the Ukraine. He sometimes calls himself .at/on, and when he is
playing techno/dub it's Cotf. Last year he moved to Berlin. In this time
span of twenty minutes he has nine pieces, so you can imagine these pieces
are rather short. While owing the world that brought us Alva Noto, Ryoji
Ikeda and Pan Sonic, 14 Circles, due the briefness of his tracks, sound
just a little bit different. It has the clear rhythm patterns of the first
two and the aggression of the latter influence, but his sketch-like pieces
have a more raw character - 'Cell' could be a great song if it was a bit
longer than the one minute and five seconds it is now. I think it would
have been better to work these pieces into say three or four minutes, thus
retaining a nice, brief character, or even make them 'poppy', in all its
force, as does 'Sgnl' or 'Phone'. It would truly make his own sound, I
think. All the ingredients are there I'd say. (FdW)
Address: http://ffspace.info "