[microsound-announce] .microsound on Facebook

Alan Sondheim sondheim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 20:06:38 EST 2014

I mainly lurk on this list so in a way have no legitimacy in contributing
here, but I do participate and
run both lists and Fb pages and must say I greatly prefer the former. Fb
gathers data on you, no
matter what they say; the privacy system is arcane and leaky; they're a
form of big brother; they
take a lot of bandwidth; and the pages themselves are noisy and really tend
more and more towards
twitter-like cuteness and one-offs. A list is lean, has the potential for
community (you sign up, after
all) and in-depth discussion, gathers nothing, has less distractions.
Please continue this in any
form! Otherwise you'll have just another page getting lost in the muck of
fast-forward chatter and
data-scrapping.

- Alan

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Kim Cascone <kim at anechoicmedia.com> wrote:

> Dear .microsounders,
>
> Judging from the number of posts it seems like this mode of communication,
> i.e. the email list, has become antiquated.
>
> If you are on Facebook I think it might be a good idea to migrate to the
> .microsound group there since you can post media directly to the page --
> which makes sense since we are a media-oriented community.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/microsound/
>
> anyway, hope everyone is doing well in this new year
>
> ciao!
> kim

347-383-8552*
*music/sound http://espdisk.com/alansondheim/