[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #439: 2013.10.20
. m u r m e r .
murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Oct 21 15:06:06 EDT 2013
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!
- sunday, 23:00 ::: london, uk ::: resonance 104.4fm
- monday, 05:00 ::: amsterdam, nl ::: concertzender
- monday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- tuesday, 12:30 ::: south devon, uk ::: soundartradio 102.5fm
- wednesday, 15:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- wednesday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- thursday, 02:00 ::: coimbra, pt ::: rádio universidade de coimbra
- thursday, 19:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- thursday, 11:00 ::: maribor, si ::: radio marš 95.9fm
- friday, 00:00 ::: ljubljana, si ::: radio študent 89.3fm
- friday, 01:00 ::: brussels, be ::: radio campus 92.1fm
- friday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- saturday, 11:00 ::: new york state, us ::: wgxc 90.7fm
- saturday, 14:00 ::: brasilía, br ::: rádio paisagem
~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~
for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net
SUPPORT FRAMEWORK! your contributions make framework possible. please
consider signing up to become a regular monthly donor, or make a
one-time contribution. as a thank-you for your subscription of €5 or
more, or your one-time donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal release series! we can't do it
without you, and we greatly appreciate your support.
listen to this edition here:
this edition of framework:afield has been produced in germany by udo
noll. for more information see http://aporee.org. notes from the producer:
"This work was created for the series "PARADISELOST - blown backwards
into the future", curated by Marold Langer Philippsen and broadcast
first on Kunstradio / ORF Austria, March 31, 2013.
"12 artists, musicians and composers were invited to create a piece on
each of the 12 books of John Milton's 17th century epic poem of the same
"This collage consists of my own field recordings from recent years, and
the findings of nightly journeys into the short wave radio space and
other ethereal regions.
"Texture and colors are not untinged by uncertain memories, personal
narrative and biographical fictions.
"Two poems are in between the 3 parts, Gottfried Benn's "Verlorenes Ich"
("Forsaken I") and a fragment by Jürgen Becker, which invokes the idea
of a listener able to tap into a cacophonic global phone call.
Surrounding single spoken words are from a former work about the ancient
"Special thanks go to Peter Cusack for his recording of a radiometer in
Kopachi, Chernobyl area, released on the CD 'Sounds from Dangerous
Places', and also to Andrej Hrvatin for his Free Clarinet Jamming with
Cricket and Transformer, from Maribor, Slovenia." - Udo Noll
again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
framework intro submissions:
1) take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2) record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3) read aloud the following text (in english or translated):
welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition. field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!
4) continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
5) post the
recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
:: info at frameworkradio.net
:: telliskivi 3
:: 65605 võru
mailing list: http://eepurl.com/lQBOT
More information about the microsound-announce