[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #437: 2013.10.06
. m u r m e r .
murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Oct 7 07:17:45 EDT 2013
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!
- sunday, 23:00 ::: london, uk ::: resonance 104.4fm
- monday, 05:00 ::: amsterdam, nl ::: concertzender
- monday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- tuesday, 12:30 ::: south devon, uk ::: soundartradio 102.5fm
- wednesday, 15:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- wednesday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- thursday, 02:00 ::: coimbra, pt ::: rádio universidade de coimbra
- thursday, 19:00 ::: lisbon, pt ::: radio zero
- thursday, 11:00 ::: maribor, si ::: radio marš 95.9fm
- friday, 00:00 ::: ljubljana, si ::: radio študent 89.3fm
- friday, 01:00 ::: brussels, be ::: radio campus 92.1fm
- friday, 16:30 ::: vancouver, us ::: radio nouspace
- saturday, 11:00 ::: new york state, us ::: wgxc 90.7fm
- saturday, 14:00 ::: brasilía, br ::: rádio paisagem
~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~
for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net
SUPPORT FRAMEWORK! your contributions make framework possible. please
consider signing up to become a regular monthly donor, or make a
one-time contribution. as a thank-you for your subscription of €5 or
more, or your one-time donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal release series! we can't do it
without you, and we greatly appreciate your support.
listen to this edition here:
this edition of framework:afield, entitled 'taiwan soundmap 2011-2013
compilation 1', has been produced in taiwan by wu tsan-cheng. notes from
Sound has a hidden latent strength of flow, it activates space and
events, and forms an essential part of a personal inner life of
emotions, and the world of thinking and consciousness of the basic
Taiwan sound map project was officially started in December 2011, is
expected to last seven years, and gradually document the environmental
sounds recorded in Taiwan. The first year program took northern Taiwan
as the main recording area, but also other areas in recent years,
finishing the recordings. 2014 recording moves to eastern Taiwan and the
outlying islands. We hope through this itinerary to highlight the highly
developed city state and the ground level voice sounds of remote towns
as a contrast.
The broadcast content:
1 . Urban Mobility way 12 ': 16''
2 . Semi-natural 16 ': 15''
3 . Passion in Life 10 ': 55''
4 . New tradition 15 ': 34''
In 2011-2013 years recorded sound as material, editing a lot of material
to preserve the original recording without any modulation,
The first part ： Taiwan's public transportation system sound as
The second part ： Taiwan's natural ambient sound content material, the
recording process is not deliberately directed, only natural sounds as
the protagonist, but the entire body of recordings documents as much as
possible the natural environment and the comparison of the state of
The third part ： daily life sound for the material, such as market,
mass social movements or park dialogue and so on. Editorial voice as
much as possible keep the Taiwan discourse between environment and
The fourth part ： the ceremony to present the traditional activities,
such as temple festivals, Longshan Temple chanting and Funeral ceremony
Sound and Taiwan ： http://www.soundandtaiwan.com
again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
framework intro submissions:
1) take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2) record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3) read aloud the following text (in english or translated):
welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition. field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!
4) continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
5) post the
recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
:: info at frameworkradio.net
:: telliskivi 3
:: 65605 võru
mailing list: http://eepurl.com/lQBOT
More information about the microsound-announce