[microsound-announce] :::: AUDITION RECORDS :::: RADICAL SOUND ARCHIVES :::: REVIEW | MAY 2013 ::::

Julian Bonequi bonequi at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:52:31 EDT 2013

New Documents:

[ar081]
Vinyl Terror & Horror ::: Deconstructed turntables and cut-up records :::
RAM-K77 Salon Bruit

RELEASE SHEET - http://auditionrecords.com/ar081.php
DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT -
http://www.archive.org/compress/ar081VinylTerrorAndHorror

"The turntable has followed us since then and quickly became the dominating
soundobject in our practise. It has a very simple and easy to manipulate
technology, so we started deconstructing and rebuilding records and
turntables. The whole history of music is available on record and we were
no longer limited by your own lack of musical skills.
Instead we could focus on the sculptural, materialistic aspects of the
media and choose the music we thought most fidding to the kind of
atmosphere we wanted to create.

In 2003 we moved to Berlin and opened a space for concerts and exhibitions
called "Habengut". Our bandname was created in this time aswell. On a flyer
for an event where we were going to perform our style was described as
"vinyl terror" so we added the horror and it has stuck to us ever since."

[ar080]
ANAÏS TUERLINCKX ::: The Broken Piano ::: RAM.2012 Salon Bruit

RELEASE SHEET - http://auditionrecords.com/ar080.php
DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT -   *http://www.archive.org/compress/ar080AnaisTuerlinckx*
*
*

"I believe in Noise as a richer musical source than tones. I want to reveal
the physicality of the piano as a dirty monster. I expect the audience to
shiver with me thanks to the vibes from inside the piano. Music as a
channel for the exchange of fluids and energies in the most direct way
possible. The piano is not an instrument but a partner that helps me
express the unspeakable.

I feel I want to get absorbed by and take the audience into the noise (as I
feel when I listen to some concerts by others) and a wall of sound where
you cannot really distinguish the sources of the sound, where everything is
melting into an impossible cry, when you feel like many voices are
screaming but there are no voices, when you come into trance and you begin
to get sonic hallucinations, when your body shakes from the extreme
loudness and power of the basses, when music is liberating destruction. Of
course these words are strong and it is probably an utopia to get there but
I want to believe in it and work harder to slowly move in this direction."

 COMPLETE CATALOGUE http://www.auditionrecords.com/catalogue.php

READ MORE
*AUDITION RECORDS *http://auditionrecords.com