[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #412: 2013.03.17

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Tue Mar 19 13:07:48 EDT 2013

framework radio
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!

-------------------------

framework broadcasts:
   - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
       (http://www.resonancefm.com)
   - monday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
       (http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
   - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
       (http://www.radiozero.pt)
   - wednesday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
       (http://www.radiozero.pt)
   - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio marš 95.9fm
       (http://www.radiomars.si)
   - friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
       (http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
   - friday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
       (http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net

SUPPORT FRAMEWORK!
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
as a thank-you for your donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal release series!

-------------------------

#412: 2013.03.17

this week we began listening to the tracks from framework radio's new
fundraising release, framework:seasonal issue #4, spring 2013. we're
very excited about this release, which will become officially available
(although we're taking preorders now) this thursday, march 20th, the
(finally!) first day or spring! you wouldn't know it in estonia though,
where it's still hitting -20C some nights and everything is still white.
but we look to the future! and in your future, at least for the next few
shows, will be some blatant begging: with this new release we enter
framework occasional official fundraising mode so listen up:

framework is *a lot* of work, and we love doing it. but we can't do it
without paying the rent, and we need you, dear listener, to help with
that. we don't expect you to do it for nothing though (ignoring for the
moment the hours and hours of great radio you get already), which is why
we started the framework:seasonal series. there are 4 great releases to
be had in the series now, and the funds that come in from them make
framework possible. please, if you enjoy the program, if you listen to
it even occasionally, if you would simply prefer to see it keep going
than to see it go away, make a contribution. you can make a one-time
donation (20€ or more to get a copy of framework:seasonal!) or commit to
a regular monthly contribution (5€ or more per month gets you each new
issue as they are released!). you can commit to as little as 1€ *per
month* - think about it. that's practically nothing. but if every
regular framework listener would sign up to contribute just 1€ per month
i would never have to run another fundraiser again.

so go to the framework website, make a one-time or regular monthly
contribution, whatever you can afford, and show us you care.

so this week great tracks from the latest issue by jay-dea lopez, france
jobin, and flavien gillié. also work by luca nasciuti, simon whetham,
and frédéric nogray, and an intro recorded by regular framework
contributor and supporter joe stevens.

again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

-------------------------

(time / artist / track / album / label)

00:00 - 03:51  /  joe stevens  /  framework introduction
http://www.51degreesnorth.net/joe

01:41 - 10:44  /  simon whetham  /  a metallic aftertaste  /  never so
alone  /  crónica
http://www.simonwhetham.co.uk, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

04:59 - 12:25  /  frédéric nogray  /  [excerpt 1]  /  buiti binafin  /
3leaves
http://www.myspace.com/fredericnogray, http://www.3leaves-label.com

12:26 - 22:00  /  jay-dea lopez  /  catalepsis  /  framework:seasonal,
spring 2013  /  framework editions
http://soundslikenoise.org, http://www.frameworkradio.net/seasonal

22:04 - 29:42  /  luca nasciuti  /  mirror  /  vanishing point  /
somehow recordings
http://www.lucanasciuti.com, http://www.somehowrecordings.co.uk

24:10 - 30:51  /  simon whetham  /  shifting  /  never so alone  /  crónica
http://www.simonwhetham.co.uk, http://www.cronicaelectronica.org

30:56 - 39:37  /  france jobin  /  morongo  /  framework:seasonal,
spring 2013  /  framework editions
http://www.francejobin.com, http://www.frameworkradio.net/seasonal

39:41 - 40:50  /  maria papdomanolaki  /  seattle center around the
watersphere  /  -  /  -
http://www.voicesoundtext.com

40:30 - 46:45  /  luca nasciuti  /  ark  /  vanishing point  /  somehow
recordings
http://www.lucanasciuti.com, http://www.somehowrecordings.co.uk

41:22 - 47:42  /  frédéric nogray  /  [excerpt 2]  /  buiti binafin  /
3leaves
http://www.myspace.com/fredericnogray, http://www.3leaves-label.com

47:43 - 54:44  /  flavien gillié  /  liminal drift  /
framework:seasonal, spring 2013  /  framework editions
http://www.soundisall.net, http://www.frameworkradio.net/seasonal

54:45 - 57:00  /  maria papdomanolaki  /  alaskan way viaduct  /  -  /  -
http://www.voicesoundtext.com

-------------------------

framework intro submissions:

   1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
   2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
   3)    read aloud the following text (in english or translated):

welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition.  field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!

   4)    continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
   5)    post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
--

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
framework
::   info at frameworkradio.net
::
::   http://www.facebook.com/frameworkradio