[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #409: 2013.02.24

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Feb 25 09:48:01 EST 2013

framework radio
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!

-------------------------

framework broadcasts:
   - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
       (http://www.resonancefm.com)
   - monday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
       (http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
   - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
       (http://www.radiozero.pt)
   - wednesday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
       (http://www.radiozero.pt)
   - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio marš 95.9fm
       (http://www.radiomars.si)
   - friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
       (http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
   - friday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
       (http://www.radionouspace.net)
   - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
       (http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net

SUPPORT FRAMEWORK!
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
as a thank-you for your donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal cd series, issue #3, a 2.5 hour
audio dvdr by the legendary chris watson!

-------------------------

#409: 2013.02.24

this edition of framework:afield, entitled 'city',  has been produced in
germany by d.l. lutz:

"In field recording, much of the artist’s energy usually goes into
isolating interesting sound sources. Here, in comparison, and according
to the topic of the city phenomenon, I was conceptually intrigued by
layering sounds until disorientation results. Is it not characteristic
for the city that it visually and acoustically overwhelms the
individual, and that the individual constantly tries to orient itself by
filtering and excluding input?

"Where am I? Who am I? Where did I want to go to, and what for? What
does it have to do with me? Do I understand what I hear? Do the things I
hear speak to me or not, do they stabilize my identity or rather erode
it? - Starting point for that journey was a homage to Charles
Christophes’ musical method of „undirected“ composing that I like very
much; by putting pieces of his together, however, thematic tendencies
happened to result. So this earscape is an expedition into the Global
City of Japan, France, India, the Netherlands, the United States, Kenia,
Denmark, Thailand, Canada, Great Britain, Germany and Italy. The piece
presented here is a condensed version exclusively mixed for framework.
Enjoy some chaos!"

again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

-------------------------

(source notes)

Intro / Textures 1’ - 21’
Traffic Scherzo 8’ – 20’
Cultural Intercourse 20’ – 38’
Messages 32’ - 46’
Echoes And Models 45’ – 57’

Used sources:
Charles Christophe: Joyamai / Next Point / Kalkutta Kreis / Narita II
(Noon) / Mobile Opinions; Source:
http://home.att.ne.jp/grape/charles/audio.html
Terry Maedche: Night Train, Little Italy San Diego; Source: Soundcloud
Staalplaat Soundsystem: Station To Station / Closed Enough /
Yokomono-Pro-Gent; Source: Soundcloud, Creative Commons License, 2011
World Listening Day, Africa: Nairobi Streets; Source: Soundcloud,
Creative Commons License, 2011
Radio Continental Drift: Paris Bar; Source: Soundcloud, Creative Commons
License, 2011
Cinningbao: Gardon; Source: Soundcloud, 2011
Manuke: Sound Of Tokyo #3 / #4; Source: Soundcloud, 2010
ICD: Sex, Drugs & Tourism / Animal Farm; Source: Soundcloud, 2011
Darage Bang: Urban Tryptich II (Riding The City); Source: Soundcloud, c.
2010
Einzelganger: Westend Collected; Source: Soundcloud, Creative Commons
License, 2010
Hans W. Koch: Orpheus @ Home; Source: „Orpheus 400“ album, DEGEM CD 9,
cybele records 2007
Roxanne Turcotte: T’Es Le Fun Telephone; Source: „Amore“ mini-album,
Empreintes digitales, Montreal 1994
Yves Daust: Suite Baroque; Source: F. Dhomont: „Frankenstein Symphony“,
Asphodel Records, 1997
D. L. Lutz: Musignano / Otreno; Source: own archives
People Like Us: The Bits In Between; Source: Touch Radio #10,
http://www.touchradio.org.uk/touch_radio_10_people_like_us.html
Tuxedomoon: Remote (Pralaya); Source: Bardo Hotel Soundtrack, Crammed
Records, 2006
Mark Rushton: The Difference Between A Memoir And An Autobiography;
Source: Soundcloud, 2010
мƴɾℴsɭɒω бƴt: Interstate 81 C.B.; Source: Soundcloud, Creative Commons
License, 2008
Minor’s Diner: Wer wir sind; Source: Tolle Wurst, Eigenverlag, 2006

-------------------------

framework intro submissions:

   1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
   2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
   3)    read aloud the following text (in english or translated):

welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition.  field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!

   4)    continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
   5)    post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
--

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
framework
::   info at frameworkradio.net
::
::   http://www.facebook.com/frameworkradio