[microsound-announce] All Things Tape

rinus van alebeek injapatti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:03:25 EDT 2013

Hello Friends of August,

Here's some updates about, yes indeed, things related to the magnetic tape.

First for your agenda.
Berlin 30.August

30. August is the 50th birthday of the Cassette. Urban Spree has given me
the possibility to set up an evening on that exact day:

Tales for Tapes#10 where some of Berlin's finest cassette
narrators/manipulators will come and play.
http://talesfortapes.wordpress.com

You can even tell us you'll visit the evening, stay at home and connect
with your friends. Should be great.
https://www.facebook.com/events/587691541281799/
You care for us. We care for you.

Label Activities.
I have home-produced mini editions of 4 tape runs: Berlin Tape Run1&2 and
Paris Tape Run1&2.
Dressed in Summer colors they tend to sell fast.
http://staaltape.wordpress.com
available at the shop http://staalplaat.com

Own Releases (on cassette)
Early Piano Works
51 Days by She Will Be Beautiful (my duo with Anton Mobin),
both released by H.A.K. Lo-Fi Records
http://hakrecords-blogspot.com

Performances
19. August in Eufemia in Warsaw, w/She Will Be Beautiful

Radio Activities.
Radio On, the radio station Adrian Shephard and I started six years ago
slowly grows into the Berlin community. Every Wednesday evening there are
live shows by Julian Percy (NK) followed by Adrian and me.
This evening 14.August we host
The Tape Review Show.

Have a look at it http://radio0n.wordpress.com
or listen directly, 24 hours a day: